We recommend using WinZip 26.0 build 14610, which is the current release. WinZip 26.0 makes it easier than ever to work with Zip files (.zip or .zipx) and other popular archive formats (including .rar, .7z, .bz2, and many others). WinZip 26.0 highlights are:
- Provides 3 new applets making it easier to edit your image file, PDF files, and or Backups.
- Break your PDF multi-page documents into separate files.
- Configure and use your own cloud with WinZip's NAS cloud support
- Duplicate File detection when creating .zipx files resulting in a smaller file.
- When making a .zipx file, WinZip will detect any files that are duplicates and place references in place for even smaller archives.
For more details and other new features, please visit the WinZip 26.0 product page.
If you are registered for an earlier major version of WinZip and would rather not upgrade to WinZip 26.0 at this time you can download and install the latest build of your version of WinZip from the Alternative Download Links page.
The files you download from these two pages will install the latest build for each WinZip version. Earlier builds are not distributed as the latest builds will include operational fixes and/or security fixes for the earlier builds. You can check what build you have installed in the About WinZip dialog. For your reference, the latest build numbers for each version of WinZip, WinZip for Mac, and WinZip Courier are listed below.
WinZip (for PC)
WinZip (for Mac)
- Only the latest builds are distributed.
- A registration issued for an earlier build of a version will work with the latest build of that major version.
Example: A WinZip 22.0 registration will work with WinZip 22.5.
- Registrations issued for an earlier major version will not work in a later major version.
Example: A WinZip 17.0 registration will not register WinZip 18 or WinZip 19.
- Exception: WinZip 9.0 SR-1 can be used with any registration prior to and up to WinZip 9.
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.