The WinZip context menu, used for zipping files or folders, has been and still is very useful. WinZip Express for Explorer extends and improves this context menu usage, providing many new and useful features.
|Starting with WinZip 19.5, WinZip Express for Explorer is installed automatically. Previous versions of WinZip Express add-ons require an installed and registered version of WinZip 18.0 to 19.0.|
Here is the WinZip Express for Explorer dialog along with descriptions of each element:
File Name: A default name will be present when WinZip Express opens. Click in this box to type a different Zip file name as desired.
Compression type: WinZip Express preselects your default compression, but, unlike the legacy WinZip context menu, WinZip Express allows you to change the compression type from .Zip to .Zipx or vice versa.
Encryption: When this is checked, files that are being zipped will be encrypted. The Encryption strength set in the WinZip Settings tab will be the default. Unless restricted by the password policy, users can change the encryption strength after clicking the configuration arrow to the right of the description.
Conversions: Any or all conversion options can be selected. These will be applied only to the appropriate file types. Configuration arrows are provided for each conversion to the right of the descriptions. The conversions available are:
- Convert Photos - Convert image files (BMP, GIF, JPG, JP2, PNG, PSD, TIF, and WEBP) from one file type to another
- Convert to PDF - Document files; DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, and/or PPTX files; will be converted to PDF files as they are added to a Zip file
- Reduce photos - Photo files; BMP, DIB, EXIF, GIF, JPG, PNG, and/or TIF; will be resized to the smaller physical size that has been configured
- Remove Personal Data - Remove EXIF metadata from files (DOC, DOCX, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX)
- Watermark - Image files; BMP, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, and/or TIF; will have a watermark phrase placed on them where and how it has been configured
Share/Save Options: WinZip Express gives three options for the Zip file being created. Those options are:
- Save Zip file to: My PC/Cloud is the only option. Click this box to save your Zip file to a location on your computer or to a cloud service
- Share as Attachment using: Email is the only option and is selected by default. Click this box to deselect this option if you want to share a link to your file by email or if you wish to save the file only.
- Share as Link using: You may select one or more of these options:
- Email: Upload the Zip file to a cloud service and email a link to the receiver, who can then download the Zip file
- Instant Messaging: Upload the Zip file to a cloud service and send a link to one of your instant message contacts, who can then download the Zip file
- Social media: Upload the Zip file to a cloud service and place a link to download the Zip file on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.