If your WinZip Mac license was not purchased directly from WinZip Computing, but instead from an authorized reseller, you will have been issued an activation code rather than a registration code.
- To Activate, you must have an active Internet connection. If your computer is not connected to the internet see How to use a WinZip activation code without an Internet connection
- Activation codes are used to create and obtain registration information for your application.
- An activation code will only work with its intended application and version (e.g. a WinZip 3 for Mac activation code will not work with WinZip 19 for Windows and vice versa).
|### Important: Activation codes can only be used once. ###|
After you receive your registration information, keep it in a safe place in case you need to reinstall WinZip for Mac. If you previously activated, but did not save your registration information, please try Quick Search in the What is my registration code? form. If this is not successful, you can fill out the information in the Detailed Search section of the same form and our Service department will assist you in finding your information.
WinZip for Mac Activation Instructions
- Start WinZip
- Type the name for the registration on the computer
- Type the activation code EXACTLY as it appears on your activation acknowledgment email or on the WinZip CD case and click Register
- In the Activate WinZip screen, type the requested information and click Activate
- WinZip will connect to the WinZip server, verify the activation code, and a registration code based upon the name or email address you entered will be issued (and entered into WinZip for Mac automatically)
- A confirmation email, containing the registration information, will also be sent to the email address entered
|Note: The registration code you receive replaces the activation code. Going forward use the registration code to register WinZip if you need to re-install.|
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.