- WinZip Self-Extractor 4.0 supports Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- WinZip Self-Extractor 4.0 cannot create self-extracting Zip files from Zip files that contain:
- bzip2 compression
- xz compression
- mp3 compression
- Zip64 extended Zip file format
- Files in the Zip file that were larger than 4gb (pre-zipped)
- Zip files themselves that are greater than 4gb in size
- Zip files that contain more than 65,535 files
Technical details: WinZip Self-Extractor will copy the pixel images from the specified icon file.
The following formats are currently supported:
|Note: When Self-Extractor is run under Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, the last 3 icon formats are not supported.|
Make sure that the icon images you include in your icon file conform to the image sizes and color densities specified above. Non-conforming icons files will be ignored and WinZip Self-Extractor will provide a default set of icons.
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.