|This article is being maintained as archived information. Starting with version 4.0 of the add-on, MSI install files are provided. Standard MSI file methods can be used to install silently.|
There really is no silent or automatic install feature for the WinZip Command Line Support Add-On. However, if you will simply copy the add-on files to your users' WinZip folder (usually C:\Program Files\WinZip) the add-on will work for them. You can isolate the add-on files needed by opening the installation executable with WinZip (GUI). You would then need to extract the contents to a folder from which you can copy files to your users. You do not need to extract the setup.exe file as it is only necessary for an actual manual install.
Things to keep in mind when distributing WinZip Command Line Support Add-On this way are:
- There will not be an uninstall item in Programs for the add-on. To uninstall, just delete the files.
- There will be no item in the program group for the Command Line help file.
- WinZip must have actually been opened at least once by the user for the proper registry entries to be written that will allow the add-on to run as registered. See The requirements ... to run as registered.
If you wish to also set up a program group shortcut for the help file use the appropriate information below.
- WinZip 16.0 and later, 32-bit or 64-bit Windows
- Target - "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE" /open_help
- Start in - "C:\Program Files\WinZip\"
- WinZip versions earlier than 16.0 on 64-bit Windows:
- Target - "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE" /open_help
- Start in - "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\"
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.