|This article is being maintained as archived information.|
A WinZip developer put together this list of items to check and/or do when CD/DVD burning issues occur. Some of these, all of these, or none of these may have something to do with your situation.
- Update the firmware for the affected device.
- Packet writing low-level file system software (e.g. InCD or Roxio DirectCD etc.) severely conflicts with user mode device handling (related to burning). Please make sure that such software is uninstalled or disabled.
- Close other CD/DVD applications that may be conflicting.
- Disable startup items and services that may be conflicting.
- Burn the disc with a lower write speed such as 1x or 2x.
- Error may be due to bad sectors on media. Try new unused media.
- Switch the CD/DVD drive controller to DMA Mode.
- Disable Windows AutoPlay for discs.
- If using internal ASPI layer then only users with Admin account level can issue SCSI commands.
- Try disabling any additional CD/DVD writers.