When you open WinZip empty (that is, without opening a WinZip file) the tab next to the File tab will be the Create/Share tab (upper part of picture). If you open an existing WinZip file, the tab is moved one space to the right and it becomes the Edit tab, to signify that you can edit the contents of the existing file (lower part of picture). The Share section remains in the first position and does not apply when using the Edit tab. The features in this tab are listed by section and described below the picture.
The Filters drop down menu provides options for filtering the files being added to your Zip file. You can select a previously created filter or you can click No Filters to turn filtering off. The available actions are:
- Add a Filter: Create a new Include filter, Exclude filter, or a combination of both
- Edit Filters: Make changes to filters you created at an earlier time
- Remove Filters: Delete filters you have created and no longer wish to keep
- Options: Any of the following Advanced options can be turned on for the filters you create:
- Full path information
- Hidden/system files
- Unarchived files only
- Reset archive bit of added files
Convert Files As They Are Added
- Encrypt: Click this to encrypt files while they are being added to your Zip file
- Reduce Photos: Click this to cause supported photo files to be physically reduced in size
- Remove Personal Data: Click this to remove personal data from photos and documents
- Convert Photos: Click this to convert photo files to a different file format
- Convert to PDF: Click this to cause supported document files to be converted to PDF files
- Watermark: Click this to cause a protective watermark phrase to be placed on supported photo files
Add to Zip
- From PC or Cloud: Click this to add files to your open Zip file or to your new Zip file from any attached drives or from any configured cloud services
- To PC or Cloud: Click this to name and save your new or edited Zip file to an attached drive or to any configured cloud service
- Email: After adding files to your new Zip file, you can click this button to email it. The drop down menu gives 3 sharing options plus access to settings. The options in the list are remembered the next time WinZip is opened.
- As attachment: Send the new Zip file as a physical file attachment to an email message
- Using cloud: Send a link to the new Zip file after it has been uploaded to a cloud service
- Choose automatically: If the Zip file is larger than the configured threshold size, it will be sent using a cloud service; otherwise it is sent as a physical file attachment (default threshold is 5 MB)
- Settings: Opens the E-mail tab of WinZip Options allowing you to configure emailing options and the automatic threshold size
- Social Media: Click this button to share to Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter; type your own name or allow automatic naming; change the Status message to be posted if you wish; and a link to your Zip file will be posted on the selected network(s) after being uploaded to a cloud service
- Instant Messaging: Click this button to share to Hangouts (Google Talk), Jabber, Office365 Groups, and Twitter; choose your chat service, select one or more contacts, and click OK to upload your file to your default cloud service and send a link to the contact you chose
- What to Share: Use this drop down menu to specify whether you will be sharing This WinZip file or File(s) from cloud. After making your selection, click Email, Social Media, or Instant Messaging to share your selection. The default will be to share This WinZip file.
- Zip and Share: Click this button to open the WinZip Express dialog. With it you can zip selected files or the entire contents of your unsaved Zip file if nothing is selected and make use of the many powerful features in WinZip Express.
- Snap and Share: WinZip Pro Open WinZip Snap and Share, a WinZip Express feature, to download and zip photos from your digital still camera and make use of the many options provided by WinZip Express.
- Scan and Share: WinZip Pro Open WinZip Scan and Share, a WinZip Express feature, to configure settings to use with your attached scanner, scan a document or picture, and make use of the many options provided by WinZip Express.