We recommend using WinZip 24.0 build 13618, which is the current release. WinZip 24.0 makes it easier than ever to work with Zip files (.zip or .zipx) and other popular archive formats (including .rar, .7z, .bz2, and many others). WinZip 24.0 highlights are:
- Use WinZip's new built-in search, to find your files stored locally, on your network, or in your cloud storage.
- Improvements to WinZip Background Tools allow you to better control what and when you clean files, including a new option to create your own custom tools (with WinZip Pro and Enterprise).
- Switch from creating a .zip file to creating a .zipx file easily by clicking a button on the ribbon.
- A new standard compression method, based on ZSTD, has been added to the Zipx format for faster compression and decompression.
- With WinZip Pro or Enterprise, use a new conversion option to combine multiple PDF files into a single PDF file.
For more details and other new features, please visit the WinZip 24.0 product page.
If you are registered for an earlier major version of WinZip and would rather not upgrade to WinZip 24.0 at this time you can download and install the latest build of your version of WinZip from the Alternative Download Links page. A link to Legacy Download Links near the bottom of this page is available for even older versions.
The files you download from these two pages will install the latest build for each WinZip version. Earlier builds are not distributed as the latest builds will include operational fixes and/or security fixes for the earlier builds. You can check what build you have installed in the About WinZip dialog. For your reference, the latest build numbers for each version of WinZip, WinZip for Mac, and WinZip Courier are listed below.
WinZip (for PC)
WinZip (for Mac)
- Only the latest builds are distributed.
- A registration issued for an earlier build of a version will work with the latest build of that major version.
Example: A WinZip 22.0 registration will work with WinZip 22.5.
- Registrations issued for an earlier major version will not work in a later major version.
Example: A WinZip 17.0 registration will not register WinZip 18 or WinZip 19.
- Exception: WinZip 9.0 SR-1 can be used with any registration prior to and up to WinZip 9.
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.