|The error message from the title and body of this article can also display if the email account is governed by an Exchange server. In this case it would be due to the size of the attachment(s) plus the Zip file size. Please see The Attach Large Files Feature for a solution and more information.|
After attaching a file or some files to an email message, you may have an error occur when WinZip Courier zips the attachment(s). You may see a message regarding Outlook's Temp folder being full and/or you may not be able to attach files in the first place (or open files attached to messages you receive).
WinZip Courier includes the means to deal with this if caused by a particular issue. However, an error still may occur if WinZip Courier is unable to clean out Outlook's temporary folder (SecureTemp), perhaps due to a permissions issue or something having to do with User Account Control. In such a case, you may need to resort to cleaning out the folder manually.
What follows are detailed instructions for finding the Outlook SecureTemp folder based on the information available at the Error opening attachments / Cleaning out the Temporary Outlook Files folder web page. These instructions are specific to Outlook 2013. The same procedure can be followed for other versions using the details from the web page above.
The steps you should take are:
- On the keyboard, press (the Windows key)+R to open Run
- In the Run dialog type: regedit and click OK, which will open the Registry Editor
- Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog (if necessary)
- Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security
- In the right pane of the registry editor, double click the OutlookSecureTempFolder string
- Edit String will open with the Value data highlighted; press CTRL+C to copy this data
- Open the Run dialog again (step #1)
- Right click in the Run dialog, choose Paste, and click OK
This will cause the Outlook SecureTemp folder to open. Now click EditSelect All to highlight everything in this folder and then press the Delete key.
If you have any questions about this information or any continued difficulty, please submit a ticket to Technical Support.
The Attach Large Files Feature