|WinZip versions earlier than WinZip 9.0 cannot extract from multiple archives.|
Along with Zip files (.zip and .zipx), WinZip 16.5 and later allows you to extract from multiple 7Z, CAB, ISO, IMG, LHA, LZH and RAR files. Earlier WinZip versions will only allow you to extract from multiple Zip files (.zip and .zipx) and multiple self-extracting archives in the Zip file format. WinZip will not offer extract options if multiple files are highlighted and unsupported archive files are included. If your computer is not configured to show you file extensions, please click here for the steps to change this configuration.
Method 1 - drag and drop
WinZip can quickly unzip multiple files through its drag and drop interface. You can select multiple WinZip files, right click, and drag them to a folder to unzip them all with one operation.
- From an open folder window, highlight the WinZip files you want to Extract
- Right click in the highlighted area and drag to the destination folder
- Release the right mouse button
- Choose WinZip Unzip to here
Method 2 - right click
To unzip multiple Zip files without drag and drop:
- From an open folder window, highlight the WinZip files you want to Unzip
- Right click in the highlighted area
- Choose WinZip Unzip to ...
- Enter the destination folder
Method 3 - command line
The final option is to use the WinZip Command Line Support Add-on, available from the WinZip web site. This add-on includes two utilities, WZZIP and WZUNZIP. These utilities are fully documented in the WinZip Command Line Support Add-On Help file that installs with the add-on. You can download the command line add-on from the WinZip web site.
With the command line add-on, you can unzip multiple Zip files simultaneously using a command line similar to:
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.