To find your downloaded WinZip application install file, please see the instructions below that are correct for your version of Windows.
- Click Start, then click File Explorer
- In the left pane of File Explorer, click This PC
- Type winzip in the Search This PC at the upper right of File Explorer (for other WinZip application install files just type wz)
- All files and folders having what you typed in the name will display as File Explorer finds them
When your file displays, you can double click it to begin installing or right click the file and choose Open file location if you want
- Open to or change to the Start menu screen
- Type winzip; this will show up in Search (for other WinZip application install files just type wz)
- Below the Search text box, Click Files
- All files having what you typed in the name will show in Results
You can click the file in results to begin installing or you can right click the file to see other options.
Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Click Start and begin typing WinZip or one of the other suggestions listed in #3 (below) in the field that is immediately above Start
- As you type, items matching your typing will appear in a list above.
Once the downloaded file appears in this section, you can click it to start installing.
- Click Start and then click Search
- Click All files and folders
- In the All or part of the file name box type:
WinZip*.* if searching for a WinZip or Courier install file
wzipse*.* if searching for a WinZip Self-Extractor install file
wzcline*.* if searching for a command line add-on install file
- Click the Search button
This will cause the Search Companion to search for any file with a name that begins with what you typed. Once you locate the downloaded file, you can double click it in the right pane of the Search Results window to start installing.
If you cannot locate the downloaded file by searching, you can download a copy from the Alternative Download Links page.
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.