To convert selected files in a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) into a new Zip file, including image or photo files, you must have a Zip file open in WinZip. You would then need to:
- Select files and/or folders you would like to use
- Right click in the highlighted area and choose Send Selected Files ToNew Zip File (from Selected Files)
- In the Send Selected Files dialog you can:
- Change the name for the new Zip file
- Select a Compression Type
- Choose to Encrypt the files
- Choose from among a large number of possible conversions
- Choose to send all of the files, rather than just the selected ones
- Schedule the file you are creating to be deleted
- Click Send New Zip File
- Select a target folder for the new Zip file
- Click Select Folder
This will create a new Zip file with only the files and folders you selected using the options you configured. If you elected to encrypt the files, you will also have to enter a password in the Encrypt dialog.
A similar option is the New Zip From button on the Tools Tab.
This button opens a window that is very similar to the earlier one above, but also includes any Filters you have created. This is to allow you to also include files and/or folders in the Files pane and filter certain things out or specify to only include other types.
If you have any questions about this information, please submit a Technical Support ticket.