|Note: If you do not have your registration information, please see What is my registration code? WinZip applications licensed to an individual (that is, a single-user license, not a multi-user license) have a registration code or they will obtain one by means of an activation code.|
If entering a registration code does not apply to you (e.g. you have an activation code or a multi-user license) the articles below may help:
Each set of instructions below assumes you have installed the correct major version of the appropriate application. The instructions are specific to the latest versions, but will be similar for earlier versions. Registration information for one major version will also register a minor upgrade (or vice versa), but it will not register another major version. For example, a registration code provided for WinZip 11.0 will also work with WinZip 11.1 and WinZip 11.2. However, a registration for WinZip 18 will NOT work with WinZip 19 or WinZip 17.
When entering registration information, we recommend that you copy the code provided and paste it into the appropriate box.
Specifically for WinZip, if you have entered your name and code correctly, but you see a message saying Incomplete or incorrect information, open the appropriate applet in the Control Panel for uninstalling programs and check to see which version of WinZip is installed. If you find a different major version is installed, download and install the correct WinZip version.
Entering your WinZip registration code
|Note: Starting with WinZip 21.5, when single-user registration information is entered, it will be transmitted to and checked by a server to insure it is valid. If the computer is not connected to the internet, you will see an error. Please contact WinZip Help for assistance if you are in this situation.|
- Double click the WinZip shortcut on the desktop (open WinZip)
- The registration reminder dialog will open
- Important: Enter your name and registration code EXACTLY as they appear on your registration acknowledgment email
- Click Register - You should now be registered
Entering your WinZip Courier registration code
- Click Register WinZip Courier
- Windows 10
Click the Start button at the lower left or your display, then All Apps, and then Register WinZip Courier in the WinZip Courier group
- Windows 8
Click Register WinZip Courier on the Start page
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Click Start, then All Programs, and then Register WinZip Courier in the WinZip Courier group
If the dialog is for a different WinZip Courier version, download and install the correct version.
Entering your WinZip Self-Extractor registration code
- Open WinZip Self-Extractor
- Windows 10
Click the Start button at the lower left or your display, then All Apps, and then WinZip Self-Extractor in the WinZip Self-Extractor group
- Windows 8
Click WinZip Self-Extractor on the Start page
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP
Click Start, then All Programs, and then WinZip Self-Extractor in the WinZip Self-Extractor group
If the dialog is for a different WinZip Self-Extractor version, download and install the correct version.
To use Copy and Paste:
- Place your cursor at the beginning or end character of your code (in your email message or on a webpage)
- Click and hold your left mouse button and drag the cursor to the last character on the other end; this will cause the code to be highlighted
- Press CTRL+C on your keyboard to Copy the code
- Click in the box where the code must be entered and press CTRL+V on your keyboard to Paste the code there
If you have difficulty with your registration or questions about this information, please submit a registration Detailed Search ticket and specify the problem in the Additional Information field at the bottom.